1. I still have a job, which is a miracle in this Texas education budget crisis.
2. I have one beautiful little boy who is so close to being fully potty-trained. (accidents occur only when sleeping-don't be jealous) I will be donating all diapers that are left to my sis. Sorry Pampers/Proctor and Gamble, we will not be needing your services anymore....do they make adult diapers?
3. Kids' parties are planned, and most of the fixings are done. Cowboys and Cowgirls welcome!
4. My hubby has been safe in the fire danger we are facing here in Central Texas.
5. I made it through the one year anniversary of Mike Windham's passing. (aka - Bio Dad) This was a little harder than I expected it to be. The funny thing is that I felt like I was the only one it mattered to or that remembered. (The VA cemetary was beautiful.)
6. We are celebrating one year in the house this weekend. (less gas, less time on the road, perfect neighborhood to raise my family, and just a little closer to the lake)
7. Married 7.5 years to a really hunky guy. Yep, ladies, eat your heart out; he is all mine.
8. Lovely MacKenzie invited me to a Mother's Day tea at her school. She was so excited that she almost knocked me over when I walked in the room last night to show me the invitation. I had to RSVP and everything. It made me feel even better that I could take off work to go. Finally, I won't be a disappointment on this occasion.
9. My pants are a little baggy in the booty! (yep, not so baggy in the photo above w/ Jeremy)
10. Going to the Keys in June!
Subbliminal message: *** My niece and nephew are AWESOME!***(will post pics when I get parental permission)
Weird "hankerings" lately -
1. Visit Haiti to get a reality check - thank you Hendrick's blog!2. Go on a girl trip to visit Rachel in Hawaii
3. Go back to the mountains in CO with the kids. Somehow the QUADS (4wheeler in "CO speak") are calling my name. The kids love the feel of the wind in their hair and the quality time with mommy/daddy.
4. Write a book. Like we need more books out there that folks don't have time to read....maybe the blog will get me started.
The reality: We are one busy family. My head hits the pillow by 9:00 every night. Until I can muster enough energy to get started, the "hankerings" list will have to be put aside for a while....









This is great! You will have so much fun with it! I started ours just to kep my parents up to date when my dad was in the hospital. About a year after he passed away I couldn't muster up hardly anything to post or write so I understand what you mean about Mike. I finally realized this is for US and for THEM, the kids! I love blogging about us, it is MY time! I hate that we don't talk or see each other bt love the idea o being able to keep in touch this way. Check ours also!
ReplyDeletewww.winstonmanor.blogspot.com
www.casesofjoy.blogspot.com (Brogan's)
www.seasonsoftheheartphotography.blogspot.com
Oh, and, there are some cute free backgrounds at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com!
ReplyDelete