In the hopes of putting our state park pass to good use, Jeremy experimented with the idea of taking out a camper to one close by. He even took the kids by himself! He continues to be my hero over and over again. Let's not get crazy, I still hold my place in the family. I packed all the kids' clothes and the kitchen items, but he still had to go to the store to finish up the last minute things. He was also the one responsible for keeping them entertained. That in itself is a pain in the rumpus!
My kids get up early. It doesn't matter what time they go to bed; they are up at the crack of dawn. They are like mommy in being creatures of habit. But they are not enough like me, because they haven't grasped the internal monitor that tells them that they NEED their SLEEP yet! So needless to say, both kids were raring to go early, went to the store, and all were on the road to Bastrop by 9:30 or 10:00.
 |
| The panoramic function on the camera |
 |
| Yes, you look fine! |
 |
| We're ready..... |
 |
| And we are off! |
 |
| Yes, we are this cute! |
 |
| "Caterpillar Leaf" MacKenzie |
 |
| Yes, still trying |
After arriving at the site, Jeremy set up everything. The first thing they did to start the journey to excitement was hiking. After 3 beat-red faces, hiking was not the best idea on a 100 degree day! Thank goodness that the camper had AC. (BTW - The camper was borrowed experiment. We are trying to figure out if this is something in which to invest.) Hello, nap time!
 |
| Sissy is the leader! |
 |
| Cave walking path |
 |
| The end of the trail - Happy Kids! |
They did "try" to venture to the swimming hole, but with the lack of rain, what water there was, was stagnant. Stinker poo for the kids and more time to fill for Jeremy! So back to the campsite... He did make good use of his time with a really cool camper. Check out their sprinkler system:
 |
| I did nothing! I promise! I swear that there is no one locked in the bathroom! |
Texas Style Sprinkler System.....I think my WT rating just went up!
Thank goodness that I packed small crafts for the kids to do. They painted magnets, and I am sure they drove Daddy crazy. He was so sweet that he sent me pictures of their completed projects.
 |
| The artists |
 |
| Brock's race car |
 |
| MacKenzie's cupcake |
By this time, I am sure that the kids were tired of looking at daddy, so thankfully, Grandma and Grandpa came to visit that evening. Grandma doesn't miss a chance to spoil the kids, so they had microwaved smores...Burn Ban, people; Burn Ban!
 |
| The Petersma Men |
 |
| Chocolate Lover's anonymous is holding a place for her. |
Jeremy and kids were back on the road 9:00 am on Tuesday morning. I am sure this has nothing to do with the fact they were up at dawn, but I am sure that Jeremy was glad to be back at home. Jeremy's tasks for the day include cleaning up the camper to return and taking the kids swimming for real. Hello neighborhood pool!
Workshop Homesick: Gone two nights, and I am miserable. Tuesday night, I headed home to do some laundry and hang out with the kids and Jeremy. I feel silly to be homesick, but I have not been without my kids for more than one day for a long time. They do drive me crazy on
some a lot of times, but they are mine. They come equipped with hugs, kisses, smiles, arguing, pottying, and bull-headedness! But they are ALL MINE! I feel like a 2 year-old when I say: MINE, MINE, MINE! Actually, Jeremy is lumped into that same category. But even better with him, is that he is my BESTEST friend. I don't tell him enough how grateful I am for him, so I am using the blog to help me with that. To tell you that my heart aches for them would be an understatement. I feel dysfunctional. As I type, I find myself fighting off the tears.
How am I ever going to survive in KEY WEST? No, that is not a rhetorical question. I want to go, but I am scared I will miss my kids too much. Jeremy, you will have to keep me very busy....that sounds dirty....no, I really am talking about being busy; naps will also be nice too.
On adult vacations, I like to take naps, sleep in, pamper Jeremy, shop, eat a lot, and adult beverages aren't bad either. All of those things aren't easily done with kids. Their needs come before mine on all occasions. And I am even sadder to say that they come before Jeremy's needs with me as well. I know it is not right, but
I do it anyways. Is that called being a mom, or being a bad wife? I think I search constantly for BALANCE - physically and mentally! I will tell you more about that on another post.
So...long story short - I miss my family! Ahhhh...home sweet home!
No comments:
Post a Comment