In an effort to raise my WT status even higher, I have decided that I want a goat/s. Yep, you got it! (BTW - Jeremy is finding this out as he reads....hee, hee.)
So when is the last time that you saw an ugly goat?
 |
| c/o Google Images |
I will concede that Nanny Goats, with their bags of milk dragging on the ground, is less appetizing, but I think that comes more from a cleanliness thing rather than a disgust factor.
 |
| Nanny Goat - c/o Google Images |
I will also agree to the fact that their eyes are a
little creepy. I feel like they can see me no matter where they are. (Left side, right side, left side, right side; it's still staring at me!) Okay, they are a tad alien-ish.
 |
| Creepy Eyes - c/o Google Images |
Well, I guess they do smell bad, too. Fine, I am popping my own fantasy bubble here!
There is not one time when visiting the umpteen million petting zoos that I didn't want to adopt on the spot. I know without a doubt that I am weird, and I fit in to Austin very well. Maybe if I lived closer to South Austin, I could actually own a goat in the city limits?
Cuteness factor - Compare a baby goat to any small animal there is. I believe that it and its little nubs would hold its own. They also, other than the head-butting-thing, seem like nice companions. I must see them a little like my "kids"; once they would get old enough, they could mow my lawn. (Sorry, that is horrible...I couldn't resist!)
 |
| Yes, we're cute! - c/o Google Images |
As much as I would like to own something crazy, I think the neighborhood that I live would not welcome my wishes. I also think that the drought we are having right now would not stand up to the hungry little urchins. My crisp yard would soon turn to tumbleweeds with little effort. Even though effort has been placed into the manicure of the lawn, there is not much you can do with a drought the size of ours. I think I could pee and the grass would jump for joy at this point. Hence the reason that we let Brock pee on the trees in the yard. So until, I can talk my parents into buying land and GOATS, I will have to marvel at them in the petting zoos.
 |
| Random Stranger with lots of goats -c/o Google Images |
I know that I am so WEIRD. I accept it, embrace it, and giggle at that fact. Keep laughing to yourself right now, that someone out there is stranger than you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment