| First day |
| Those scare me too. |
When I first started the Kinder journey, notice I say "I", because she is way more resilient than I am evidently. Our family had to get used to a whole new schedule. We had to worry about homework, handwriting, manners, timeliness, and much more. I thought that having a kid in school would be easier, but I was WRONG! I fought and argued with her over homework, and what she was and supposed to do. Often times, she even put me in my place, because she was right. MacKenzie struggled some throughout the year also. At one point, we were advised to consider the possibility of holding her back. I was worried, but that child proved once again that she could surprise us. She fought back on those skills that she was lacking and succeeded. Of course, the summer will not be all fun and games, but for the most part, she is good for next year.
Due to my work schedule and funky school schedules, Debbie had to pick up both kids today for a sleepover. The kids were so excited to leave me this morning knowing that she was coming. I did feel a little better about my waterworks yesterday, because Debbie relayed to me that she had them when they left MacKenzie's school. Man I dodged the bullet on not having to pick her up - I hate the feeling of crying and especially in front of the kids.
Here is my punkin's last day picture:
No comments:
Post a Comment