Widdly Tinks

Monday, May 9, 2011

Sick babies and prepping for birthday bashes!


Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
Wow, what a whirlwind we are on!  The kids didn’t look too hot when I picked them up on Wednesday, so I took them to the clinic to get checked out for strep.  We all three came back negative on the rapid test, but both kids ended up with ear infections.  One in the right and one in the left; together, they were a perfect mess!  So I went ahead and called in for Thursday to be on standby, because getting subs these days seems to be hard.  Both kids made it through just fine. 
Losing the big front tooth:  Yep, MacKenzie lost the big tooth in the front.  I was hoping that she could make it through her birthday, but it didn’t happen.  Boy, the big ones bleed a lot!  This is her 5th tooth lost and 5th tooth that she has pulled herself.  She is my hero, because I was a big ninny at that age.  Friday morning, she woke up to tell me that she “felt sick”.  First thought, oh crap!  I repeated it to her and she said, no mom, I “feel SIX”.  That also came with a shower right in my eyeball.  Stupid front tooth!

My family came in on Thursday to spend a little time with us.  David, Jess, Mom, and Dad were there to play.  They arrived right after MacKenzie was drooling blood at the dinner table.  (Where she pulled it)  Friday was spent getting ready for the party.  At 6:00 I got the call that Brock now had strep!  Grrr!  He had been at school for two days already.  We were infecting the world!  Thank goodness that he had been on antibiotics for a few days already (as of Wednesday night).  Small blessings-thanks ear infections.
Mother’s Day Tea at MacKenzie’s school was amazing.  I was so proud to finally get to spend some one-on-one time with her.  She was so sweet and thankful that I was there.  It was worth taking off all day just to spend that time with her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment