Saturday mornings are lazy days around the house, especially if we have late soccer games. Jeremy and I were laying in bed talking, and then we noticed that the kids were rather quiet. I looked around the playroom, bedrooms, and bathrooms, until I finally found them. They were both in the bathroom with the door shut and locked, and all I could hear was the water running full blast in the sink......
I think I had one of those out of body experiences at that point. I reached above the door for the handy pick that we hide above and picked it until I was in. I didn't take any pictures for fear of the whole child pornography thing, but this is what I found:
I went to step on the floor, but stopped midstride. Both kids were perched on top of the counter with their feet in the sink (stopper in), water overflowing onto the floor. They were naked, clothes soaking on the floor, and taking handfuls of water and throwing it into the air. The mirror was wet clear up to the top. There was water everywhere! It looked like the tub (which we don't have) had overflown onto the floor. I told you that I almost stepped down....well, it was a mini pool that I was avoiding. I wish I were playing about that. It was at least a 1/2 inch of standing water.
I yelled for Jeremy to help me and then continued to yell at the kids. Both of them were ordered to their rooms and never allowed to come out...well, not until the regulation alloted timeout had passed - still naked! Now that I think of it....naked timeout would be great punishment unless you were Brock who loves being naked. I think Daycare Timeout might pose a problem. I can see it now, "Brock, go to timeout!" That boy would be in timeout faster than anything only if he could do it naked of course. I think CPS might be calling my house.
Jeremy arrives as I am almost in tears and bites his lower lip. Really? Are you seriously going to laugh at this? It took us two loads of towels to clean up the water on the floor! The entire time Jeremy was trying his hardest not to laugh in my face, but failing on many occasions. Now that I think of it, maybe I need to take my kids to the pool. I always try to see the bright side in everything, so here goes.
For one instance before they knew what deep doodoo they were in, they were exquisitely happy. They were smiling and laughing, and Brock was not affraid to get his face wet. Even if I have a large water bill this month, at least it wasn't barf! Because two loads of towels or not, those would be in the dump for the trashman to deal with!
No comments:
Post a Comment